Senin, 09 Februari 2009

Blink182 is back!!


I woke up early this morning and checked my email.. I saw a notification of a spam mail. Usually I don't pay much attention to spam mail, but what I founded today was very surprising..
Yeah, it's written that my favorite band Blink182 is coming back, yes! they're coming back in summer 2009.

Blink182 is a melodic (melody-core) punk-rock band from San Diego California. Their first formation was Mark Hoppus who played Bass Guitar, Tom DeLonge as the Melody Guitar, and Scott Raynor as the Drummer. Their original band name was 'Duck Tape' until DeLonge thought of the name Blink. Their debut album was a demo named 'Flyswatter' released in 1993. In 1994 and 1996 they released 'Chesire Cat' and 'Dude Ranch'. After the album's release, midway through a U.S. tour in 1998, drummer Scott Raynor left the band. It said that Raynor had a serious drinking problem and was asked to go into rehab. The drummer position then replaced by Travis Barker from Blink182 support band 'The Aquabats'. Blink182 became more popular with this replacement. Suddenly in 2005 Tom De Longe left the group and formed a new band called 'Angels and Airwave' (AVA) while Mark and Travis played in the same band '+44'. For me, I prefer to hear +44 song than AVA because I think that +44 have the soul of Blink182,, just my Humble opinion..

Enough for the history.. I wouldn't write too much about that.. You can find the history from wiki or their official site. What's more interesting is their returning. I hope this is not only about the money.. Music makes money but money doesn't make music (hmm.. good quote by me I think, haha..). I really miss their old-fashioned punk album such as Enema of the States, or Dude Ranch.. Their latest album blink182 was okay for me, but it sounds more like experimental for me.. Techno drums or a lot of guitar effects make me feels like this is not a real blink182 album..
Oh by the way, they're using new logo today, same old logo but now with 6 arrow.. I still can't figure out what's the meaning anyway..

Please share with me about your comment of Blink182 returning..

5 komentar:

  1. haha oke juga quote nya :P
    duh tp ga ngerti krn postingan nya ttg blink182. ttg sherina kek. hahaha :D

    BalasHapus
  2. wah kalo sherina mmm.. lain kali mungkin ya hehe.. good idea

    BalasHapus
  3. nice info gan
    are they gonna make new album or just a reunion show/concert???
    high school will need blink182,f*ck EMO..

    BalasHapus
  4. they declared that they're going to record new album and will be released in this summer brother.. Can't wait to hear their new songs.. Anyway, I think we're too old for this high school band, aren't we? haha,,

    BalasHapus
  5. we??is it including liaaa??haha..
    hope mark hoppus will make more influence,cause if tom create a whole song,it just same as hear AVA.haahahhaha

    BalasHapus